The surface of the guide bearing is often scratched with the ceramic balls damaging the PVD coating as well as the surface beneath. As a consequence concentricity as well as axial run-out of the bearing get out of tolerance. Noise level rises and particles form.
Repair Process for ball bearing for AMAT RTP XE
- Inspection and measuring of the damaged ball bearing and documentation of results.
- Analysis of the wear-resistant PVD coating before removing it.
- The stripped surface is being mechanically worked on and polished until at least OEM tolerances are reached.
- Re-measuring of dimensions as well as comparison of the condition of the untreated surface with the help of a “surface roughness-norms-comparator”.
OEM Spec: 7 AA max.
amcoss: 2 AA
→ The quality of the amcoss treated surface excels the OEM specification 3,5 times!
- Applying the special PVD coating which in respect to efficiency, thickness and composition exactly meets OEM specifications.
- Final inspection: All parameters, relevant for a new part, will also be measured and documented by amcoss after refurbishment. Usually they even excel the values of a new part!